Integrated management system
In accordance with the founder’s assignment, VLS ČR, s. p., aims to belong to the European elite in the forestry and wood processing industry. We will try to rehabilitate and keep the forest ecosystem stable, increase the number of types of trees in order to approach the natural structure of woods with reasonable use of types of trees that are suitable for production purposes, and in order to develop non-market production functions of forests.
In commercial relations, we will provide only high-quality services corresponding to the proclaimed quality, environmental and work safety policy. For that purpose, we will create a suitable environment, where employees can bring new values and stand out.
Services and production tasks in the offered areas will always be provided with respect to the environment and safety of employees at work in order to improve the working environment, educating and training all employees permanently and purposefully at the same time.
Vojenské lesy a statky ČR, s. p. is fully aware of its commitments towards business partners, the environment and, of course, employees, especially in the area of workplace health and safety protection. Within the production-technical and ancillary processes running on the premises of VLS ČR, s.p., the maximum emphasis is put on the satisfaction of needs and requirements of customers, strictly respecting the environment and maintaining the high standard of workplace health and safety protection not only for our employees but also for employees of external persons operating in favour of VLS ČR, s. p.
VLS ČR, s. p. undertakes to improve and develop its integrated management system (IMS) permanently, which is based on applicable legal and other regulations, and meets the requirements of international standards ISO 9001:2009, ISO 14001:2005, OHSAS 18001:2008 and TD CFCS 2002:2013. Therefore, all employees of VLS ČR, s. p. are obligated to meet the IMS requirements regardless of their position in the organisational structure, and they are invited to engage in meeting the IMS policy and goals in all work activities.
VLS ČR, s. p. has set up procedures that ensure two-way communication within the IMS, both among employees, and between them and other parties involved, including customers, suppliers, offices as well as the general professional and lay public.
The IMS is the expression of the will of top management, who committed themselves to:
- meeting the applicable provisions of all acts, regulations, decrees and other obligations related to the IMS in order to remove or eliminate any risks associated with processes and activities carried out within the enterprise;
- permanently maintaining and improving all parts of the integrated management system (IMS), which is based on requirements of international standards ISO 9001:2009, ISO 14001:2005 OHSAS 18001:2008 and TD CFCS 2002:2013, as tools for enterprise management with regard to the quality, environment, occupational safety and health (OSH) and the chain of custody;
- developing material and financial resources, especially investments intended for the acquisition of new technologies, devices and services providing a higher level of implemented processes;
- motivating employees towards active participation in maintaining and improving the condition of individual IMS areas;
- keeping the defined roles and powers within the IMS, ensuring that the responsibility for individual areas is an integral part of the overall responsibility of managers at all managerial levels,
- improving internal and external communication and the enterprise management system on a permanent basis;
- reviewing the IMS policy regularly in order to ensure that it will be suitable and adequate for the organisation.
In the area of quality system, top management made a commitment to:
- ensure the economic growth of the enterprise on a long-term basis in the interest of its founder, customers and employees;
- find and provide resources for planning, managing, achieving and improving quality;
- focus on legitimate requirements of business partners and other organisations, continuously analyse comments and implement them in order to improve the relevant product or service in the area of quality;
- maintain close partnerships with suppliers and our customers.
In the area of the environmental system, top management made a commitment to:
- find and provide resources for planning, managing, achieving and improving the prevention of pollution of the environment;
- include the issue of work discipline in the area of the environment as one of the decisive criteria of the evaluation of corporate culture, and to ensure that each employee feels personally responsible for the prevention of emergencies in performing his/her work;
- focus on legitimate requirements of business partners and other organisations related to the environment, continuously analyse comments and implement them in order to improve the prevention of environmental pollution and nature-based management;
- motivate employees to actively participate in permanent maintenance and improvement of the condition of the environment.
In the area of OSH, top management made a commitment to:
- focus on legitimate requirements of business partners and other organisations related to OSH, continuously analyse comments and implement them in order to improve OSH;
- focus on the prevention, reduction of the number of accidents at work and occupational diseases and emergencies, make use of the system of educating and training employees in order to improve their knowledge and skills in the area of OSH, stressing the prevention of risks;
- include the issue of work discipline in the area of OSH as one of the decisive criteria of the evaluation of corporate culture, and to ensure that each employee feels personally responsible for the prevention of accidents at work as well as other emergencies in performing his/her work;
- hold an open dialogue with employees, offices, interest groups and the public, and provide them with information enabling to understand the OSH policy, adopted goals and target values, and results of the implementation of OSH programmes.
In the area of the chain of custody:
- keep the chain of custody requirements according to the technical document TD CFCS 2002:2013 and provide customers with the maximum amount of certified material.